Friday, July 8, 2011

Lavender & Clouds

Heading out to do a final plein air painting for the Lavender Festival, I braced myself for what I wondered might be a rainy day.  My worries were all for not. By the time I made it to my destination, the overhead cloud cover became increasingly light and airy. So the sky had my attention, even tho the purpose was to capture the lavender. Well, I did have fun with this, and just let the painting be 'about' the clouds.
 I intended to stay to see how the evening color looked, and had planned to set it into the painting for highlights and to add volume, but the wind became swift and then, well, to capture that I would have ended up with a totally different painting. I like what I captured, and decided to keep it calm!

5x7 Oil        'Afternoon Splendor'        MVS

No comments:

Post a Comment