Sunday, July 17, 2011

City of Hillsboro, Oregon: 2011 Plein Air Event

This weekend I participated in a annual Plein Air Event hosted by the City of Hillsboro. The weather was unseasonably rainy, but we managed to get out and paint between the sprinkles on Saturday!
This was my second year attending, and I was honored to be awarded an Honorable Mention Award for my Cityscape oil painting 'Summer Abundance'.
The three categories offered to enter were:  Cityscape, Landscape, and Figurative. This was the first year the Jackson Bottom Wetlands had been included, a perfect addition to the event, I felt!

Above is a photo of Myself and nationally recognized artist, Kitty Wallis. Kitty was the judge for the event big event.  The reception and award ceremony at the Walters Cultural Arts Center was a first class affair with live music, wine tasting, and a delicious catered mid-afternoon lunch set out on The Green.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carrie! I remember your watercolor from last year of the marketplace! Missed you this year!

    ReplyDelete